Hotel in Alsace, north of Strasbourg
Welcome to Haguenau
Europe Haguenau is 20 minutes north of Strasbourg.
The town is situated in one of the largest forest areas in the region.
The abbeys and convents and the hermits who lived within it christened it the "Forêt Sainte" (holy forest) in the 17th century.
Alsace and its natural and cultural heritage
Many pleasant paths offer opportunities for walking, cycling or horse riding and to discover the flora and fauna of this beautiful part of Alsace.
If you visit in summer, you will see houses and garden walls bedecked with geraniums, giving the town a bucolic and enchanting feel.
In two towns near Haguenau, Betschdorf and Soufflenheim, you will find 30 pottery workshops open to the public that have been cultivating the art y for centuries.
You can also appreciate Alsatian gastronomy, natural and full of flavour – a real delight!
Don't miss the many museums and tourist sites dedicated to the trades of the past, the Maginot Line, village folk festivals and much more.
The ideal base for travelling around Alsace and nearby Germany
Whether by car (two motorways), train (Strasbourg TGV and ICE station 30 minutes away) or plane (two international airports nearby), the Europe Haguenau is easily accessible for a business trip or for a private weekend in Strasbourg and Alsace.
Tourism and Activities
Strasbourg, capital of Europe
- he Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- A trip on the Canals
- Christmas Market (Advent)
- The Alsace wine route : Criss-cross the Riesling and Gewürztraminer vineyards, admire the villages and visit the wine growers and makers. A perfect trip for food and wine-lovers through beautiful countryside in any season
- Colmar: Stroll through the historic town centre between half-timbered houses and medieval buildings.
- Unterlinden Museum in Colmar: contemporary art in the spotlight
- The Cité du Train in Mulhouse : A superb journey through time in the land of railways.
- The Ballons des Vosges regional nature park : A fantastic haven of unspoilt nature with the famous "Blue Line".
The Black Forest and beyond
- Europa Park (Germany): A great day out for the whole family in this amusement park.
- Baden-Baden: Stroll through the famous spa town with its timeless charm, especially Lichtentaler Allee.